Thank you to all the Parents and Grandparents who came to celebrate our learning with us. The children were very proud of their achievements and really enjoyed sharing what they get up to during the day at school.
In writing this week we are focusing on:
* leaving spaces between our words
* s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g out our words and writing down the sounds we can hear
* making sure our short letters are short and our tall letters are tall
This week in maths we will be continuing to work on our number knowledge and practicing writing numbers correctly. We will also be talking about the concepts of 'heavier than' and 'lighter than'
Inquiry - Our alkaline/acid experiment with the cabbage water went well. We loved sharing this with you and used up the last of it today making lots of different shades of pink and blue. Our clay volcanoes are finally dry so this week we will be painting them before using them to test fizzing and foaming reactions.
* With the changeable weather we are experiencing at the moment we seem to be accumulating jumpers and raincoats. Please make sure these items are clearly named so we can reunite them with their owners.
* Poem books - Please help your child remember to pack their poem book to return to school each Monday
* Library books - Our library day is Thursday. Please ensure your child brings their book back each week so they are able to choose a new one to bring home.
Please join us at school this Monday night 6pm - 7.30pm for an end of year/Christmas get together. BYO picnic or buy a sausage from the PF...
This week we welcome Violetta, Sid and Jasmine to our T4 whanau. We hope you have a great first week at school. Anton's Alphabet S...
Today we welcomed Sophia to our class. It is great to have you here Sophia :) Literacy This week we will be working on recognising som...
Today Mrs Winter is so proud of T4!! The digger, roller, compactor and truck are working outside our classroom to complete the bike track. W...